Cannot initdb - Windows 98 SE - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Keith Gray
Subject Cannot initdb - Windows 98 SE
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
When I tried to initdb with -D /usr/share/postgres/data
and after setting env variable PGDATA, I get the following response.

.... and wait for a LONG while... no response.

Am I missing something obvious?

$ initdb
This database system will be initialized with username "keith".
This user will own all the data files and must also own the server process.

Creating directory /usr/share/postgres/data
Creating directory /usr/share/postgres/data/base
Creating directory /usr/share/postgres/data/global
Creating directory /usr/share/postgres/data/pg_xlog
Creating template1 database in /usr/share/postgres/data/base/1

--
Keith Gray

Technical Development Manager
Heart Consulting Services P/L