Elephant, Horse and Hare (Rabbit) : Oracle, PostgreSQL and MySQL ! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From peace_flower
Subject Elephant, Horse and Hare (Rabbit) : Oracle, PostgreSQL and MySQL !
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Just a HUMOR, no offense and take it easy!!
=================================

If someone ask's you how do you compare the features and capability of
these three popular SQL servers:
Oracle, PostgreSQL and MySQL ??

Then comes the answer in layman's terms:

"A Elephant,  Powerful White Horse, Fast Hare (Rabbit).  Please tell me
which animal you want ??"

Oracle = Elephant, Big and hefty but very bulky
PostgreSQL = Powerful White Horse, top breed horse (I love riding
horses)
MySQL = Fast running Rabbit (Hare), I like rabbits as pets, very decent
animals!!

Oracle, PostgreSQL are in development for the last 22 years. Both had
originations in University of California, Berkeley.
Both are very mature, ACID compliant (Atomicity, Concurrency,.....) and
are robust.

MySQL is like rabbit, it runs fast and can be a good pet.
But see, the speed is NOT at all important when it comes to SQL server -
it is the ACID compliance, Data Integrity
and robustness and features  and language interfaces which are
important.

You must not compare Elephant with Hare (Oracle with MySQL)

But the best among these three animals is - White Powerful Horse!!
(PostgreSQL !!)

Why do you think every person is waiting in a long queue to get a ride
on "White Powerful Horse" (PostgreSQL) ???

Every person on the planet  wants to ride on PostgreSQL !!