Re: Make failure on v. 7.1.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From rjtalbo
Subject Re: Make failure on v. 7.1.2
Date
List pgsql-general
Lamar Owen wrote:

> On Monday 24 September 2001 12:19 pm, R Talbot wrote:
> > You must compile for Caldera.. Has
> > to do with the fact that Red Hat
> > places some items in non GNU
> > locations.. And Everbody prepares
> > for Red Hat..
>
> Caldera is the one who's non-standard here. Caldera 2.3 has positively
> ancient versions of many things, RPM in particular.  I remember -- I built
> RPM's for 2.3 for PostgreSQL 7.0.3 (probably the very RPM's you are running).

   Thanking for responding.. You were very helpful with my install of v 7.0.3.
    Without your help I would have given up, last year.
     But I did not use your RPM..It would not install and you finally suggested
     " roll your own from the source." I did and v 7.0.3 was born on my
machines.
     As you are the maintainer of the RPMs I stand corrected, You would best
     Know the data dir trees for RPM but also V. 7.1.2 will not compile on
Caldera 2.3 only..

> But that doesn't help you, I know.  There appears to be something
> fundamentally wrong here, but I am at a loss as to say just what.  Could you
> provide a complete log of the configure run?  It might be helpful.  Anyone
> else on-list running Caldera 2.3 or 2.4 who has successfully compiled 7.1.3
> on it?
> --
> Lamar Owen
> WGCR Internet Radio
> 1 Peter 4:11

        But as it stands  I was able to successfully make and make install
PostgreSQL v. 7.1.2 on Caldera 2.4 and it now runs on one machine.
But I have three machines which I would not be able to tear down for
an upgrade from Caldera 2.3 to 2.4..
        I suspect Libc or GNU Make versions but I am not sure.
  I don't want to start down the wrong road and not get results.

Any help out there is much appreciated....

Bob T