Postgres Life of ...??? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From R Talbot
Subject Postgres Life of ...???
Date
Re: Postgres Life of ...???
List pgsql-general
Let me Say right up front I am optimistic and Please do not feel
insulted.

Sadly, GreatBridge is gone. Hopefully something else will spring up.
Do we see PostgreSQL with long life. MySQL is certainly prospering
in an arena with DB2, Oracle, Informix, Sybase, SQL Server and the rest.

Yeah I know there are many PostgeSQL commercial successes.

I just code and design projects. I don't necessarily see what's
happening
at RDBMS symposiums. I would like to know that my RDBMS choice will be
around after my projects. I just hate porting. What is the consensus?

I throw this out as newer PostgreSQL user and a writer DB code for
twenty years.
I used and coded in dBASE I through V. Loved Alpha four. Used Sybase
until it (end of Lifed) OS/2, which I needed at the time. Used DB2 until
it drained
my wallet. Tried MySQL but found it not as rich in types and features.
In short I would not want to see PostgreSQL disappear.

Just a look ahead..

Bob T