Re: Post Installation problem - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Dennis Leeuw
Subject Re: Post Installation problem
Date
List pgsql-novice
Didn't have them all, just PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but added the others and
that didn't solve the problem.
the /opt/postgres/pgaccess directory does not exist on my system.

And within the /opt/postgresql directory I can not find a "show" command.
Should it be present, or a symlink or is it a function from a library?

Dennis

Vijay Deval wrote:

> have you created or modified .profile in your home directory? something
> like
>
> PATH=$PATH:/opt/postgresql/bin:/opt/postgresql/pgaccess
> LD_LIABRARY_PATH=/opt/postgresql/bin
> export LD_LIABRARY_PATH
> PGDATA=/opt/postgresql/data
> export PGDATA=/opt/postgresql/data
> export PGLIB=/opt/postgresql/lib
> MANPATH=$MANPATH:/opt/postgresql/man
>
> This is just an example. Something on this line in .profile will point
> to the rquired resources.
>
> Vijay
>
> Dennis Leeuw wrote:
>
> > Success. You can now start the database server using:
> >
> >     /opt/postgresql/bin/postmaster -D /opt/postgresql/data/
> > or
> >     /opt/postgresql/bin/pg_ctl -D /opt/postgresql/data/ -l logfile start
> >
> > After that every command responds with show: command not found, like:
> > psql template1
> > ./psql: show: command not found

Attachment