Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL buffer exploits - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL buffer exploits
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thanks Bruce,

The lack of tests is more worrying than the lack of reported failures I
reckon.  :-(  I'll check through the BugTRAQ archives later on.

On a good note however, the Open Source Database Benchmarking project
(osdb.sourceforge.net) has finally gotten around to getting it's code
working with PostgreSQL 7.1.x and I'm setting up a place on the techdocs
site to store any results which people want to report after running it.

It'll be good to start creating a publicly available database of what
hardware and settings gives what levels of performance with PostgreSQL.
I'll do an [ANNOUNCE] when it's all up and ready.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > Hi all,
> >
> > Just wondering if anyone knows of or has tested for PostgreSQL buffer
> > exploits over the various interfaces (JDBC, ODBC, psql, etc) or directly
> > through socket connections?
> >
> > Working on a sensitive application at the moment, and I've realised I've
> > never seen anyone mention testing PostgreSQL in this regard yet.
>
> I never heard of any tests, nor any security failures either.
>
> --

     - Indira Gandhi