connect to postgresql by TCP problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sodom
Subject connect to postgresql by TCP problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

I'm using Redhat 7.1, while running "postmaster -i -p 5432" by postgres
user, respon as:

"Lock file "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432.lock" already exists.
Is another postmaster (pid 9578) using "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
postmaster: cannot create UNIX stream port "

i've try 'telnet mylinx 5432' but seems can't connect, even can't create
a connection for outsider get in. So, I'm wonder it's because port 5432
is not open yet .........

And I've try to follow the xinet guilds to set it up, but still can't
open

Is there anyone can give me any suggestion about my problem ?!?! Thx for
reading this ~~