Re: Fix for fetchone() and fetchmany() in Python interface - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Neil Padgett
Subject Re: Fix for fetchone() and fetchmany() in Python interface
Date
List pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > Gerhard H?ring wrote:
> > >
> > > This patch fixes the well-known but unfixed bug that fetchone() always returns
> > > the first result in the DB-API compliant wrapper. It turned out that the bug
> > > was way down in the C code.
> > >
> > > Gerhard
> >
> > This is great.  It solves a problem we were having.
> >
> > Bruce: this should go into 7.1.3 (if possible).  It applies cleanly and,
> > without it, we basically can't use Python (cursors don't work, basically).
>
> We only put major lowrisk fixes in 7.1.X releases, and this one is too
> minor for the risk.  Sorry.

I think this patch is important enough -- it fixes an annoying broken
call, with a two line patch that is quite localized. So, the risk level
seems quite low. AFAICT, the worst thing this patch could do is keep
fetch as broken, though perhaps in a different way. But, even then, I'm
fairly confident that the patch is good, or at least better than what
we've got, since we've already tried it out here, and found it to
apparently fix the issue.

Neil

--
Neil Padgett