Re: Re: can't make src/tutorial - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Re: can't make src/tutorial
Date
List pgsql-patches
Hi Bruce,

If this patch works such that Cygwin is now operational, and it doesn't
break other platforms, should it be applied to the upcoming-7.1.3 so
that Cygwin is a valid platform for it (7.1.3)?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Jason Tishler wrote:

> Bruce,
>
> On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 10:53:14PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Is it safe for all platforms?
>
> To be honest, I did not test it on any platform except for Cygwin.
> And, on Cygwin I only verified that the build completed without errors.
> Nevertheless, if you compare this patch with my contrib one, you will
> see that I'm just doing the same old thing.
>
> Additionally, we have the following:
>
>     $ fgrep BE_DLLLIBS src/makefiles/*
>     src/makefiles/Makefile.win:BE_DLLLIBS= -L$(top_builddir)/src/backend -lpostgres
>
> Does the above convince you?  If not, then I'm willing to test under
> Linux.  Unfortunately, due to a job change, it may be a while before I
> have access to a Linux machine...
>
> Jason
>
> --
> Jason Tishler
> Director, Software Engineering       Phone: 732.264.8770 x235
> Dot Hill Systems Corp.               Fax:   732.264.8798
> 82 Bethany Road, Suite 7             Email: jason@tishler.net
> Hazlet, NJ 07730 USA                 WWW:   http://www.dothill.com

   - Indira Gandhi