Disabling or forwarding external connections - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Hisham Al-Shurafa
Subject Disabling or forwarding external connections
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello, I've searched the archives and docs for an answer to my question, but did not find anything, so I was hoping
someonecan answer this question or point me to a useful doc:

Is there a way in PostGreSQL to temporarily disable any external connections (or just disable external writes) to a
certaindatabase, without having to restart the postmaster? Local connections to the database would still be allowed.

Better yet, is there a way to transparently forward connections from clients to another database?  For example, client
connectsto db A but the postmaster really connects him to db B?

Thanks for your help!

Hisham