Re: Re: PG rules! (RULES being the word ;->) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: Re: PG rules! (RULES being the word ;->)
Date
List pgsql-general
> this way i have to implement my businees logic twice. inside the
> database and in the middleware. I dont think that this is very good.

Hmm. Sounds like you are writing both the DB and the app. So enforcing
*your* business rules in the DB is not so important to you because you
are trusting yourself to do the same in the app. But for cases where the
project outgrows one programmer, or where there are multiple apps
touching the *same* DB, isolating the business rules - into the one
place in common between these apps - becomes a more obvious choice.

                    - Thomas