Re: ODBC driver for Mac? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nils Zonneveld
Subject Re: ODBC driver for Mac?
Date
List pgsql-general

Randall Perry wrote:

> Any plans to work on a Mac version of PgSQL ODBC driver?

AFAIK there is no open source ODBC driver for Mac OS <= 9.x. (there is a
commercial ODBC driver for Mac OS/PostgreSQL available at
http://www.openlinksw.com/).  As Mac OS X is in fact a kind of BSD UNIX,
the standard PostgreSQL ODBC Driver probably will function under Mac OS
X, so I don't think there is an incentive to develop an open source ODBC
driver for Mac OS <= 9.x. However there are alternatives: Realbasic
professional has native PostgreSQL support and there is a very decent
JDBC driver available at http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/ which runs
fine on my Mac running Mac OS 8.6. using Java 1.1.8 (MRJ 2.2.4). Because
I have no money nor need to upgrade my hardware to Mac OS X capability
or to buy Mac OS X , I'll have to do it with the options for Mac OS 8.6.
and... oh well I'll survive.

HTH,

Nils Zonneveld

--