Re: Re: Backups WAS: 2 gig file size limit - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: Re: Backups WAS: 2 gig file size limit
Date
List pgsql-general
> I mentioned this on general a while ago.

I'm not usually there/here, but subscribed recently to avoid annoying
bounce messages from replies to messages cross posted to -hackers. I may
not stay long, since the volume is hard to keep up with.

> I had the problem when I dumped my 7.0.3 db to upgrade to 7.1.  I had to
> modify the dump because there were some 60 seconds in there.  It was
> obvious in the code in backend/utils/adt/datetime that it was using
> sprintf to do the formatting, and sprintf was taking the the float the
> represented the seconds and rounding it.
>
>  select '2001-07-10 15:39:59.999'::timestamp;
>          ?column?
>  2001-07-10 15:39:60.00-04
> (1 row)

Ah, right. I remember that now. Will continue to look at it...

                   - Thomas