vacuum job taking very long time to complete - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Feite Brekeveld
Subject vacuum job taking very long time to complete
Date
Re: vacuum job taking very long time to complete  (Philip Molter <philip@datafoundry.net>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I've started a vacuumdb on a database having 2 large tables of approx. 3,800,000 records each. The database size is approx . 2Gbyte

It generates a lot of logfiles, currently the pg_xlog directory has about 4.6 Gbyte of logfiles and when I started there were I guess 2 logfiles each 16 Megs.

I still have 3.5 G available for logfiles but suppose there is a chance that I will run out of diskspace before the vacuum is done , can I kill it safely before that happens ?

Thanks,

--
Feite Brekeveld
feite.brekeveld@osiris-it.nl