Re: Update on Access 97 and = NULL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: Update on Access 97 and = NULL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

> > Yet ... in the long run that does need to happen, I think.  Some day
> > it'd be nice to see ODBC contain a full parser similar to ecpg's.
>
> Hmm I fear the strong binding between the driver and the server.
> Would the parser always be backward compatible ?

AFAIK, we would need a completely new ODBC-SQL parser that perses the
query and then reconstructs it in PostgreSQL-SQL before passing it
forward
unless it is for "pass-thru" queries that are the only ones meant to be
sent directly.

Hannu