Re: ER diagrams - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: ER diagrams
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Martin,

I'd like to include Vision 2000 in the "Other Resources" section/page of
techdocs, but I really wouldn't feel right about doing that, without
having it Definitely Confirmed to work with PostgreSQL.  :(

I someone out there really has tested the combination, could they please
let me know?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

martin.chantler@convergys.com wrote:

> Visio 2000 comes with a set of drivers which includes an ODBC driver
> I haven't tried Visio with Postgres but hopefully it would work, it did
> manage to import a DB2 database using the ODBC driver.
>
> It does work but it is a bit annoying to use!
> I heard a rumour that the database documenter is only included with the
> enterprise version but I'm not sure about this. I mention it in case anyone
> buys Visio and finds the feature is not there.
>
> Martin C.
>
> Hi Martin,
>
> Just to clarify this, does Visio 2000 work specifically with PostgreSQL,
> or does it do it generically through ODBC or similar?
>
> Either way, it sounds like it works and should be included in the ERD
> Tools section on the techdocs website
> (http://techdocs.postgresql.org/oresources.php#erd).
>
> Does that sound appropriate?
>
> :-)
>
> Regards and best wishes,
>
> Justin Clift
>
> --
>
> NOTICE:  The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is
> intended by Convergys Corporation for the use of the named individual or
> entity to which it is directed and may contain information that is
> privileged or otherwise confidential.  If you have received this electronic
> mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system without
> copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply email
> or by telephone (collect), so that the sender's address records can be
> corrected.

     - Indira Gandhi