Re: Daylight savings - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Daylight savings
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Tom,

Agreed, it's very ugly.  Unfortunately the product has been mostly
developed relying on some fields being used in ways I'd never considered
someone would do.  Too late and not enough time to get it changed, so
I'm having to devise a workaround.

:-(

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Tom Lane wrote:

> Justin Clift <aa2@bigpond.net.au> writes:
> > This is so we can have certain types of data which are stored in the
> > database as localtime, updated to still be correct during DST and
> > after.
>
> This sounds awfully ugly.  Can't you design the data representation so
> that no such kluge is needed?  Most of the PG date/time types store in
> GMT internally, so that there shouldn't be a problem...

     - Indira Gandhi