Re: A problem with pg_dump? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alessio Bragadini
Subject Re: A problem with pg_dump?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> It's not much
> harder than your given example to construct cases where dumping the rows
> in OID order would be wrong too (just takes some UPDATEs).

Yes, I figured out myself quickly. :-(

> like you may have some pre-release copy of pg_dump that gets this wrong
> (the comment format in your example is not exactly like current pg_dump,

It's pg_dump from 7.0, I am trying to move my 7.0 installation to a 7.1
database, including all the structure changes that we made in our
development system. That's why I am stuck. Is it possible to use pg_dump
7.1 on a 7.0 database?

--
Alessio F. Bragadini        alessio@albourne.com
APL Financial Services        http://village.albourne.com

"It is more complicated than you think"    -- The Eighth Networking Truth from RFC 1925