Re: v7.1.1 branched and released on Tuesday ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: v7.1.1 branched and released on Tuesday ...
Date
Re: Re: v7.1.1 branched and released on Tuesday ...  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
> > Nothing serious, but I would like to apply a patch to allow IDENT
> > strings (e.g. 'hour') to be accepted by the SQL92 EXTRACT() function. We
> > accept those for date_part(), which is what EXTRACT() is translated to
> > by the parser, and it seems to be a reasonable to the standard.
> But why does that need to go into 7.1.1?

Does not "need to". But it is non-invasive, extremely low risk, gets the
behavior to match the docs, and gets it off my desk and into the main
tree.
                       - Thomas