Re: Error compiling 7.1 on Caldera OpenLinux - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Error compiling 7.1 on Caldera OpenLinux
Date
List pgsql-ports
Tom Lane wrote:
> Bruce MacKay <bmackay@calderasystems.com> writes:
> > pg_backup_custom.c -o pg_backup_custom.o
> > pg_backup_custom.c:80: parse error before `z_streamp'

> Hm, do you have valid headers for libz installed?  If so, what version?
> The code expects #include <zlib.h> to provide a typedef for z_streamp,
> if that header exists.

configure checks for zlib.h, IIRC.  According to my build logs, it does.

FWIW, RH6.2 includes zlib.h in package zlib-devel-1.1.3-6.

Don't have access to a Caldera box at the moment to check with -- but
Caldera OpenLinux eServer 2.3 built 7.0.3, which had lztext.  Did lztext
use zlib at 7.0.3?
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio