Driver errors with Autocad (please help) - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Andrea Aime
Subject Driver errors with Autocad (please help)
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi everybody,
I've run in a number of problem trying to use Autocad Map 2000i with
postgres ODBC driver. Autocad claims to use OLEDB/ODBC driver to access
data, but in fact I use it with my visual basic programs and I get no
errors, everything is working fine. When I connect to PostgreSQL data
source Autocad says that it's a read-only data source (this is not true,
I can modify data from VB). I can stand this, I don't need to modify
data.
Anyway, when I try to perform some operations (creation of a thematic
map based on data contained in PostgreSQL tables) I get a "cursor
operation
conflict" error. Notice that if I use OLEDB/ODBC driver over an Access
DSN
everything goes fine (and I see the source as read/write). Also, I've
found
that if I link pgsql tables to and access db and the I use Access OLEDB
provider everything runs fine (but I cannot use that solution since
in my db table get created and dropped during system's life, this is not
a static db)

I've tryied to give a look at logs and there are some errors.

In sql.log I've found the following errors, that are issued when I
connect
to PostgreSQL tables from Autocad (if you like I can send you the full
log file):

acad            f0-50    ENTER SQLGetInfoW
        HDBC                04DF3DF8
        UWORD                      151 <SQL_KEYSET_CURSOR_ATTRIBUTES2>
        PTR                 0582AC68
        SWORD                        4
        SWORD *             0x00000000

acad            f0-50    EXIT  SQLGetInfoW  with return code -1 (SQL_ERROR)
        HDBC                04DF3DF8
        UWORD                      151 <SQL_KEYSET_CURSOR_ATTRIBUTES2>
        PTR                 0582AC68
        SWORD                        4
        SWORD *             0x00000000

acad            f0-50    ENTER SQLGetInfoW
        HDBC                04DF3DF8
        UWORD                      168 <SQL_STATIC_CURSOR_ATTRIBUTES2>
        PTR                 0582AC68
        SWORD                        4
        SWORD *             0x00000000

acad            f0-50    EXIT  SQLGetInfoW  with return code -1 (SQL_ERROR)
        HDBC                04DF3DF8
        UWORD                      168 <SQL_STATIC_CURSOR_ATTRIBUTES2>
        PTR                 0582AC68
        SWORD                        4
        SWORD *             0x00000000

In psqlodbc logs I also found the following error, that is issued when I
try
to execute thematic map creation:

conn=102033048, query='SELECT CLASSE FROM tav974 WHERE SIAPK974='
ERROR from backend during send_query: 'ERROR:  parser: parse error at or
near ""'
STATEMENT ERROR: func=SC_execute, desc='', errnum=-1, errmsg='Error
while executing the query (non-fatal)'

                 hdbc=102033048, stmt=103096400, result=102040592
                 manual_result=0, prepare=1, internal=0
                 bindings=0, bindings_allocated=0
                 parameters=0, parameters_allocated=0
                 statement_type=0, statement='SELECT CLASSE FROM tav974
WHERE SIAPK974=?'
                 stmt_with_params='SELECT CLASSE FROM tav974 WHERE
SIAPK974='
                 data_at_exec=-1, current_exec_param=-1, put_data=0
                 currTuple=-1, current_col=-1, lobj_fd=-1
                 maxRows=0, rowset_size=1, keyset_size=0, cursor_type=0,
scroll_concurrency=1
                 cursor_name='SQL_CUR06252050'
                 ----------------QResult Info
-------------------------------
                 fields=102040976, manual_tuples=0, backend_tuples=0,
tupleField=0, conn=0
                 fetch_count=0, fcount=0, num_fields=0, cursor='(NULL)'
                 message='(NULL)', command='(NULL)', notice='(NULL)'
                 status=6, inTuples=0
CONN ERROR: func=SC_execute, desc='', errnum=110, errmsg='ERROR:
parser: parse error at or near ""'
            henv=102041232, conn=102033048, status=1, num_stmts=16
            sock=102047696, stmts=102047616, lobj_type=-999
            ---------------- Socket Info -------------------------------
            socket=272, reverse=0, errornumber=0, errormsg='(NULL)'
            buffer_in=103088192, buffer_out=103092296
            buffer_filled_in=44, buffer_filled_out=0, buffer_read_in=44

It seems that Autocad is trying to create a prepared statement with a
parameter
(statement='SELECT CLASSE FROM tav974 WHERE SIAPK974=?' where ? is the
parameter) I also can
see from sql.log:

acad            f0-50    ENTER SQLPrepareW
        HSTMT               04DF2050
        WCHAR *             0x0384F138 [      42] "SELECT CLASSE FROM tav974
WHERE SIAPK974=?"
        SDWORD                    42

acad            f0-50    EXIT  SQLPrepareW  with return code 0
(SQL_SUCCESS)
        HSTMT               04DF2050
        WCHAR *             0x0384F138 [      42] "SELECT CLASSE FROM tav974
WHERE SIAPK974=?"
        SDWORD                    42

acad            f0-50    ENTER SQLNumResultCols
        HSTMT               04DF2050
        SWORD *             0x0582E8D0

acad            f0-50    EXIT  SQLNumResultCols  with return code 0
(SQL_SUCCESS)
        HSTMT               04DF2050
        SWORD *             0x0582E8D0 (0)

acad            f0-50    ENTER SQLFreeStmt
        HSTMT               04DF2050
        UWORD                        1 <SQL_DROP>

acad            f0-50    EXIT  SQLFreeStmt  with return code 0
(SQL_SUCCESS)
        HSTMT               04DF2050
        UWORD                        1 <SQL_DROP>

(* SQL.LOG ENDS HERE *)

So, how it is, here it seems that the prepared statement gets processed
the right way... but then it
gets called without parameters?
Anyone can give me some advice? I can program in C and I have Visual
C++, althought I don't have
any experience with ODBC protocol, so even an advice on how to correct
ODBC driver from source
code would be appreciated.
Regards
Aime Andrea