Re: Final call for platform testing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: Final call for platform testing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> You could ask.  Just to ignore reports that you have asked for is not
> polite.  My report was based on a virgin, unpatched 2.4.2 kernel, and
> (as noted) the Debian-packaged glibc-2.2.2.

The simple fact is that the vast majority of Linux boxes are not yet
running 2.4 kernels, so imho it is not a big issue. I've mentioned 2.4
as well as 2.2 kernels in the (very short) tabular summary, so any
interested user would know that both will work for them. 2.0.x kernels
work as well, so I may just drop version info from the first field in
the summary altogether.

You can inspect the current info in the developer's docs, posted on the
web site.

The Right Place for more extensive information might be FAQ_Linux, which
was last updated three years ago. Would someone have time to go through
that and scrub the info?
                    - Thomas