Re: postgreSQL db temporary on Microsoft IIS 4.0 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gilles DAROLD
Subject Re: postgreSQL db temporary on Microsoft IIS 4.0
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

juerg.rietmann@pup.ch wrote:

> Hi there
>
> For testing, I have a Microsoft Windows NT Server with IIS 4.0 running in
> my DMZ. Currently it is not possible to migrate this server to LinuX. Is
> there a way to move an existing postgreSQL 7.0.3 db (with views/sequences)
> from a Linux Server to this NT Web server. I have coldfusion on NT, all I
> need is the postgres DB or a 100% compatible on NT.

Why not putting your Linux server on the DMZ ? This certainly be more secure
and a gain of performance. Just acces the remote database from your WinNt
box.
Putting Web apps and the database on the same server is not a good solution
if
you have a heavy load.

Regards,

Gilles DAROLD