Re: Performance monitor - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Performance monitor
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Guys,

I'd just like to point out that for most secure installations, X is
removed from servers as part of the "remove all software which isn't
absolutely needed."

I know of Solaris machines which perform as servers with a total of 19
OS packages installed, and then precompiled binaries of the server
programs are loaded onto these machines.

Removal of all not-absolutely-necessary software iss also the
recommended procedure by Sun for setting up server platforms.

Having something based on X will be useable by lots of people, just not
by those who make the effort to take correct security precautions.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift