Re: display temp table structure? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Limin Liu
Subject Re: display temp table structure?
Date
List pgsql-general
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> [ Charset ISO-8859-1 unsupported, converting... ]
> >
> > I was trying to check my temp table structure, but failed (7.1 beta4)
> > and I  found the following item in the TODO list (without '-').
> >
> > * allow psql \d to show temporary table structure
> >
> > Is there any workaround or equivalent SQL available at this moment?
>
> You can do a \dS in psql and find the correct pg_temp* table.

Thanx Bruce

What I found is something like pg_temp.25865.0.   Do we have some kind of
mapping table between the "real temp table name" and pg_temp*.   If there
are more than one temp tables, I need a way to differentiate them.

Thanks for your help

--
LM.Liu