Re: beta5 ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: beta5 ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Vince,

That's really nifty.

I don't know how to word it, but I think it might be worth including
something to find out if the machine was "out-of-the box" with just the
recommended installation utils (i.e. a "new build" of AIX, NT, Solaris,
etc, then gcc, bison or whatever) vs. a machine that has been actively
used/developed with for a while.

This is so we can accurately know if a particular version/beta of
PostgreSQL compiles on a stock(-ish) system or if the successful/failed
reports are only coming from those machines with updated/newer/different
things added.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift
Database Administrator