Re: Non-locale 7.1beta4 binaries on RedHat 6.2 test results. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Non-locale 7.1beta4 binaries on RedHat 6.2 test results.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:
> > The locale enabled regression results fail due to
> > currency format and collation errors.  Diffs attached.  I'm not sure I
> > understand the select_views failure, either.  Locale used was en_US.
> The select_views delta looks like a sort-order issue as well; nothing
> to worry about.

Good.  I didn't see any difference -- but maybe that's because I went
cross-eyed.... :-)
> These deltas would go away if you allowed pg_regress to build a temp
> installation in which it could force the locale to C.  Of course,
> that doesn't presently work without a built source tree to install
> from.  I wonder if it is worth adding a third operating mode to

Possibly.  If pg_regress uses a different port for postmaster, AND a
different PGDATA, you could run regression on a sandbox while a
production system was running, FWIW.  Since that's more of an RPM issue
than a core issue, I can do that third mode work, as I would be the
direct benefactor (unless someone else does it first, of course).

Both the locale and non-locale installation were from RPM, BTW, as I
wanted the least number of variables possible.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio