Re: Postgres Benchmark - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ned Lilly
Subject Re: Postgres Benchmark
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

They're a little dated, but Great Bridge funded some benchmarks last
summer putting Postgres 7.0 against Unnamed Proprietary Database 1
(version 8i) and Unnamed Proprietary Database 2 (version 7.0, available
for NT platform only).  See
http://www.greatbridge.com/about/press.php?content_id=4

They ran the AS3AP and TPC-C benchmarks using an off-the-shelf
commercial product called Benchmark Factory, now part of Quest
Software.  See http://www.quest.com/benchmark_factory/

Best regards,
Ned Lilly

Jreniz wrote:

> Hello!!
>
> I need demostrate that PostgreSQL is a great RDBMS for my undergraduate
> project, because this, Does somebody has a bechmark (or similar
> document) between Postgres and others DB (commercial DB's, principally)?
>
> Thanks in advance!!

Ned Lilly                     e: ned@greatbridge.com
Vice President                w: www.greatbridge.com
Evangelism / Hacker Relations        v: 757.233.5523
Great Bridge, LLC                    f: 757.233.5555