Re: locale support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: locale support
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Nathan Myers wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 09:59:37PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii@sra.co.jp> writes:
> > > I know this is not PostgreSQL's fault but the broken locale data on
> > > certain platforms. The problem makes it impossible to use PostgreSQL
> > > RPMs in Japan.
> >
> > > I'm looking for solutions/workarounds for this problem.
> >
> > Build a set of RPMs without locale support?
>
> Run it with LC_ALL="C".

It would help if there was a sample working LC_ALL=xxx line
/etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql

As it stands now it is a real pita to get LC_xx settings down to the
real postmaster
through all the layers (and quessing if it did take effect after each
restart ;)

---------
Hannu