Re: Syslog and pg_options (for RPMs) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Syslog and pg_options (for RPMs)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> However, that answers Lamar's complaint about needing a way to control
> the syslog level of messages.  splogger might be more useful than logger
> for our purposes --- even if we have to carry it along with us.  What's
> its license?  A slight tweak of splogger to recognize our ERROR/FATAL/
> DEBUG prefixes might be just the thing ...

Ok, I can work with that.  Last night I dreamed the solution in shell --
what a wicked pipeline..... Might want to change Nathan's pglogger
utility to pg_logger for consistency, though.

A quick and dirty solution that works is better than mucking around with
the core, particularly this close to release.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio