Four Odd Questions - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Josh Berkus
Subject Four Odd Questions
Date
List pgsql-sql
Folks,

1. Has anyone had experience with trying to link Informix's 4GL as a
procedural language extension for PostgreSQL?  ANyone care to
speculate?  I happen to have access to a couple of former Informix
employees ...

2. Is there any documentation on the SQL changes being incorporated into
7.1?  We've talked about some of them on this list, but I'm still not
sure what the syntax for "ALTER TABLE" will be, for example.

3. pg_dump and Restore is currently a bit awkward, and requires the
intervention of a developer to get the database running properly again.
Are there plans to improve this, or has somebody written a script that
handles the steps involved?

4. I'm not trying 7.1 beta 3.  I noticed that for this version,
Theodescu's PGAccess lists all builtin functions along with the
user-defined functions in the functions window.  Anybody else notice
this?

-Josh Berkus

--
______AGLIO DATABASE SOLUTIONS___________________________                                       Josh Berkus  Complete