Re: 7.0.3 rpm testing & other problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: 7.0.3 rpm testing & other problems
Date
List pgsql-general
[GENERAL only -- got MX errors on two of the addressees....]
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> jpilley writes:
> > I do not have a /usr/share/doc/postgresql-* (or equivalent path) :). I
> > would love to read
> > the README.rpm file, if the 7.0.3 rpm had left me one!

> On my system this file belongs to package postgresql-7.0.2-17, but the
> packaging has not changed with 7.0.3.  On your system the documentation
> files might be under /usr/doc instead of /usr/share/doc.

Run the following:
rpm -ql postgresql |grep README.rpm-dist
to get the location.  There was a name change in the file due to
confusion in KFM and the GNOME file manager -- they were trying to open
the README with kpackage or GNoRPM....

Thanks for the quick answers, Peter.
--
Lamar Owen