Re: external function proposal for 7.2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From mlw
Subject Re: external function proposal for 7.2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hannu Krosing wrote:

> mlw wrote:
> >
> > Let me explain why I think the changes I mentioned are a good thing.
> >
> > (BTW gateway.mohawksoft.com seems to going to an old IP address that I
> > haven't had for years, something is strange.)
> >
> > So, using the IP address, go to this web site.
> >         http://216.41.12.226/search.php3
> >
> > This is a test page, not a production page. I'll leave it up for a few
> > days barring power outages and other such non-sense.
>
> Does it search from some hidden fields too ?
>
> When I searched for "allison", I got lot of allisons, but also a lot of
> lines with no allison in them, like "The Janet Lawson Quintet: Sunday
> Afternoon"

Actually, that's a metaphone search. "Lawson" metaphones to "lsn" and
allison will also metaphone to "lsn." The metaphone is optional, but
works well when at least two words are specified.

A search of "costello allison" will find exactly what you want.

--
http://www.mohawksoft.com