Re: Unanswered questions about Postgre - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joe Kislo
Subject Re: Unanswered questions about Postgre
Date
List pgsql-general
> If that seems too small, maybe you need to rethink your database design
> ;-)
>
> There's also a 1G limit on the size of an individual BLOB that can be
> part of a row.

    Hmm, 1G is probably fine :)   But is there going to be a blob type with
toast?  If I want to store a large binary object, and have the ability
of retrieving it strictly over the postgre database connection, would I
be retrieving a blob column, or a really long varchar column?

Thanks,

-Joe