Re: Unanswered questions about Postgre - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joel Burton
Subject Re: Unanswered questions about Postgre
Date
List pgsql-general

On 30 Nov 2000, at 1:24, Igor V. Rafienko wrote:

> on Nov 29, 2000, 19:17, Joel Burton std::cout'ed:
>
> [snip]
>
> | > 5) BLOB Support.
> |
> | Keep in mind the pgsql 7.1 (about to go beta tomorrow, if I heard |
> right) will support much longer row sizes than 8k. Doesn't remove |
> the needs for blobs for many of us, but fixed my problems.
>

> How _much_ longer? (Sorry if it's a FAQ, in that case, I'd appreciate
> a pointer/URL).

Dunno, but I've been using 7.1devel for ~2 months, and so far,
longer rows seem to work fine.

More information on the TOAST project is at
http://www.postgresql.org/projects/devel-toast.html

--
Joel Burton, Director of Information Systems -*- jburton@scw.org
Support Center of Washington (www.scw.org)