Re: full text indexing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: full text indexing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
John Huttley wrote:
> Would you please consider bringing the contributed package into the
> official distribution.
> I found that trying to compile it with the RedHat RPM based installation
> was a monumental pain. I gave up.
> Its useful, people ask about it on the list, so why not?

If there's enough demand, I'd consider doing a 'postgresql-fti' RPM as
part of the RPMset -- but, unless there are really good reasons for it
coming out of contrib, it should stay there.

Maybe asking 'Why isn't the contrib full-text-indexer not in the main
tree?' would be more productive on that front.

How did you attempt to build it under the RPM install?  I assume you had
the postgresql-devel package installed, and the include paths set
properly.... Of course, most of what is in contrib assumes a full source
tree is lying around (argh)....ie, it's wanting to include
Makefile.global in its Makefile.  And, on the RPM dist, Makefile.global
isn't (yet) packaged.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio