Re: Questions on RI spec (poss. bugs) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: Questions on RI spec (poss. bugs)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Jan Wieck writes:
>
> > Stephan Szabo wrote:
> > >
> > >    There's a message on -general about a possible
> > > problem in the deferred RI constraints.  He was doing a
> > > sequence like:
> > > begin
> > >  delete
> > >  insert
> > > end
> > > and having it fail even though the deleted key was back in
> > > place at the end.
> >
> >     Isn't  that  (delete  and  reinsert  the  same  PK)  what the
> >     standard means with "triggered data change violation"?
>
> Triggered data change violations can only occur if the same attribute is
> changed twice during the same *statement*, not transaction.

Do we also get "Triggered data change violations" when we delete and
then
insert on the FK side in a single transaction ?

I just had to remove a FK constraint because I could not figure ot where
the violation was coming from ;(

Hannu