Re: Synchronizing Data? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From joe@jwebmedia.com
Subject Re: Synchronizing Data?
Date
List pgsql-general
>   Database synchronization is a tricky thing to begin with.  I think that if
> you can give us more details of exactly what you need, we can probably offer
> a little better help. : )
>
> steve

I'd be glad to. Here's the deal:

I have a client who has a Linux (RedHat 6.2) server that he uses to
add/modify/delete records for his e-comm site.  He is on a metered ISDN line
(only thing availble in the area for what he wanted to spend...) and does not
what to be 'online' (it's so screwed up...) to add all of his records.
Anyway...so he's adding/modifying/deleting records on his local server and we
need to get that data up to the web server. In addition to putting his changes
up, we need to remove any ordered items (from the web site) from the database,
once he has synchronized it with his most recent data. Then, obviously, it
needs to go back down to his local machine so he has the most current records
to work with. It's really a big mess. Any ideas? Thanks,

Joe