Re: [GENERAL] postgres on redhat 7.0 - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: [GENERAL] postgres on redhat 7.0
Date
List pgsql-ports
[bcc to general, cc: (and followups) to pgsql-ports.]

Steve Wolfe wrote:

> > Exactly my point. My next Linux server that I build is going
> > to be SUSE, atleast some guys are not in a hurry to go public.

>    Trond's response indicates that all may not be as bad as we first
> thought.  Good work, Lamar.

You're welcome.  Please see the file README.rpm, which is referenced in
the bootup message (or at least it should be) on what to do next.  On
RedHat 7 README.rpm is in /usr/share/doc, on RedHat 6 it is in /usr/doc.

It has been a long road towards getting smooth RPM upgrades -- and we're
not there yet, unfortunately, although Trond's rh-pgdump script helps
loads.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio