Re: postgres in realtime mode - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From nitin quick
Subject Re: postgres in realtime mode
Date
List pgsql-novice
by realtime i mean predictivity of query response time. I do agree it may vary transacion to transaction but there may be some time factor which i can say i will get response in so many millseconds. This idea of mine is very naive. If i am conceptually wrong please correct me or if you can guide me in this matter i will appreaciate the effort.

regards
quick nitin

On 6/28/06, kmh496 <kmh496@kornet.net> wrote:
2006-06-28 (수), 17:14 +0530, nitin quick 쓰시길:
> hello everybody,
> i am using postgres for someime now for storing my maps etc.
> Can postgresql can be used in real time domain. I may be using open
> source rtlinux as rtos.
> I mean how i can show it is working as real time os.
> Is sth on this issue already available ?
what is real-time as far as a database is concerned?

--

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster