Re: how good is PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From KuroiNeko
Subject Re: how good is PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
> We run Perl on machines that pale compared to theirs,
> and get far better performance. : )

 Well, don't get  me wrong, I'm not going  to a war. Here :) But  CGI is so
simple and straightforward  that anything more than C is  quite an overkill
(think assembly).
 Myself I'm  planning to port  all my PERL  stuff eventually. Yes,  PERL is
great for string handling, but when you spend a couple of weeks on BugTraq,
you'll suddenly  feel that it's  still too much.  When you only  let `known
good' values in, lex or regexp libs will do.
 Sorry  for the  offtopic,  anyone interested  is welcome  to  email me  in
private.

 Ed

--

 contaminated fish and microchips