Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] 7.0 vs. 7.1 (was: latest version?) - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Karl DeBisschop
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] 7.0 vs. 7.1 (was: latest version?)
Date
List pgsql-ports
Lamar Owen wrote:

> As to why the package is split, well, it is highly useful to many people
> to have a PostgreSQL _client_ installation that accesses a central
> database server -- there is no need to have a postmaster and a full
> backend when all you need is psql and the libraries and documentation
> that goes along with psql.

My personal experience is that the way the PostgreSQL RPMs are split is very good. It meshes nicely with other
dependenciesso that I don't need to install extra RPMs on our servers. I for one would not like to see that change.

--
Karl DeBisschop                        kdebisschop@alert.infoplease.com
Learning Network Reference             http://www.infoplease.com