Re: SSDD reliability - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Ribe
Subject Re: SSDD reliability
Date
List pgsql-general
On May 4, 2011, at 9:34 PM, David Boreham wrote:

> So ok, yeah...I said that chips don't just keel over and die mid-life
> and you came up with the one counterexample in the history of
> the industry

Actually, any of us who really tried could probably come up with a dozen examples--more if we've been around for a
while.Original design cutting corners on power regulation; final manufacturers cutting corners on specs; component
manufacturerscutting corners on specs or selling outright counterfeit parts...

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com