Re: 2 computers 1hd 2 postgres daemons. Is it possible? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Joseph Shraibman
Subject Re: 2 computers 1hd 2 postgres daemons. Is it possible?
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
"Clark, Joel" wrote:

> Yeah, I was really just curious if the proposed system was at a system level
> or a network level.  Having two physical machines share (at the system i/o
> level) a storage unit is something I have never heard of.  Does such a beast
> exist?

Yeah, they exist, though why they exist is beyond me.  Maybe because
windows systems crash all the time.  It doesn't make much sense to me,
after all it would seem that hard drive failure happens more often that
the system crashing for no reason.

--
Joseph Shraibman
jks@selectacast.net