RE:Redhat 7 And Pgsql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mark Kirkwood
Subject RE:Redhat 7 And Pgsql
Date
List pgsql-general
It seems to me that the concern about whether a given Linux packager
includes a given database server in their distribution is irrelevant in
the open source scheme of things....

For example when I downloaded RedHat 6.2, the very next thing I did was
get Postgresql 7.0 Beta - I didn't ( and don't ) care what database
happens to be packaged...

And additionally when I first ventured into downloading Linux and using
it, I was bewildered by the sheer number of products that were
installed, and I didn't discover Postgresql ( or Mysql ) until later
when searching the net for open source databases... ( BTW it was Redhat
5.2 )

So it may not really matter that much whether Redhat includes Pg or
not....

Mark
( markir@i4free.co.nz)