Re: Encrypting fields with a one-way hash - Mailing list pgsql-general

From g.p.ciceri
Subject Re: Encrypting fields with a one-way hash
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,
I've some user-defined functions for pgSQL implementing hashing
algorithms (SHA-1, MD5) written using OpenSSL.

I never released them as contrib mainly because I've not
deeply tested them.

If you want, I can send you the sources: they compile quite clean
on my RedHat 6.1 box with PGSQL 7.0.x.

Let me know.
Regards
/gp

--
Discussion: How do you feel about Open Source firms making
millions through public offerings?

"I wish these companies were making the same millions without
distributing any non-free, user-subjugating software." --
                                             Richard Stallman

"We're not here to let the monkey dances" --
                                             g.p.

  Gian Paolo Ciceri        Via B.Diotti 45 - 20153 Milano MI ITALY
      CTO @ TiALabs        mobile :   ++39 347 4106213
                           eMail  :   gp.ciceri@acm.org
                           webSite:   http://www.tialabs.com