Re: replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Poul L. Christiansen
Subject Re: replication
Date
List pgsql-general
Adam Lang wrote:

> Are there any type of replication features in postgresql 7.0?
>
> I would like it where two databases have the same structure, but say at
> midnight every night Database 1 synchs up database 2.
>
> Granted, I could always write code to do that, but it wouldn't be very
> sophisticated.  (If I coded it,  would do something like find rows in table
> 1 which aren't in the second database, append them database two, same with
> the second table, etc.)

And you would also have to check which records have been modified and
replicate them.

You are not the first person to ask for this feature and it is on the
TODO list:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/pgsql/doc/TODO.detail/replication
but it is categorized under "exotic features", so I don't know when
we'll see it implemented :(

But I think www.psql.com are working on replication right now.

Poul L. Christiansen