Problem - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Ralf Boeckenholt
Subject Problem
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hello

In the final part of this message you found the help message of the
actual
pg_dump edition. There is no option to choose "insert proper sql
strings" and
there is no point on which I can choose a file the program can put in
the
output. What can I do to put it in later postgress editions ?

thanks Ralf

-----------
Usage:
  pg_dump [options] dbname

  -a, --data-only          dump out only the data, not the schema
  -c, --clean              clean (drop) schema prior to create
  -d, --inserts            dump data as INSERT, rather than COPY,
commands
  -D, --attribute-inserts  dump data as INSERT commands with attribute
names
  -h, --host <hostname>    server host name
  -i, --ignore-version     proceed when database version != pg_dump
version
  -n, --no-quotes          suppress most quotes around identifiers
  -N, --quotes             enable most quotes around identifiers
  -o, --oids               dump object ids (oids)
  -p, --port <port>        server port number
  -s, --schema-only        dump out only the schema, no data
  -t, --table <table>      dump for this table only
  -u, --password           use password authentication
  -v, --verbose            verbose
  -x, --no-acl             do not dump ACL's (grant/revoke)

If no database name is not supplied, then the PGDATABASE environment
variable value is used.

Report bugs to <pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org>.
postgres@linux:~ >
--

Bis dann Ralf
FAX NUMMER : 069-79123-8384                     Handy : 0174-6432399

Harley Davidson history page (ger) : http://www.chopper.de
In the day we sweat it out in the streets of a runaway american dream
At night we ride through mansions of glory in suicide machines
                                    [Bruce Springsteen : Born to run]