RE:7.1 Release date ( Actually 7.1 Upgrade ) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mark Kirkwood
Subject RE:7.1 Release date ( Actually 7.1 Upgrade )
Date
List pgsql-general
Previously....

>Tom, I for one appreciate the fact that the developers would rather
spend
>their time working on features! Keep at it, everyone is doing a *great*

>job. Postgres is a joy to use.
>
>I don't really know what all the controversy is over here. Dumping your

>data before a version upgrade of your database is pretty standard
>procedure.

I would like to add my support for this point of view....
and keeping things in perspective observe that the pg_dump etc etc
process works, an attribute not to be always taken for granted ( some
databases I worked with not so long ago would silently corrupt your data
with their "upgrade" tools...)

my 2c

Mark