Postgres 7.0.2 compile failed on OpenBSD 2.7 - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Kevin Worcester
Subject Postgres 7.0.2 compile failed on OpenBSD 2.7
Date
List pgsql-ports
I attempted to compile Postgres 7.0.2 on a computer
with OpenBSD 2.7 (Pentium 233 MHz, 32MB RAM).

The compile failed twice, both times on preproc.c, and
both times the computer completely locked up and
required a hard reset.  No errors, no hard disk
thrashing, just a dead OpenBSD box. I'm curious if anyone
else has had a similar experience, or has a possible
fix.

I will only be using Postgres from perl (DBI) and
the command line utilities.  Will I need the
src/interfaces/ecpg branch of the source?

I'm hesitant to attempt another compile of any version
because this isn't my computer and I've already
crashed it twice.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

- Kevin Worcester
  kworces@surveyor.com
  kworces@earthlink.net

--